Saturday, January 16, 2010

Meryl Streep: My Daughters Don’t Take My Advice




Critics’ Choice Movies Awards Best Actress winner Meryl Streep has two daughters who are pursuing acting careers of their own. We asked the stunning star what kind of advice she’s offered them, and it turns out they aren’t all that interested in what their Oscar-winning mama has to say. “They don’t ask me for advice, they give me advice,” reveals the Julie and Julia star. “‘Don’t wear that,’ stuff like that. But I’ve told them, don’t do anything you don’t want to do, which is good advice for anybody in any profession.”

“Actors just have this,” she says, pointing at her body, “it’s all they have. You’re very vulnerable, as an actor. And tough stuff comes your way. I hope they hold on to their love of it. God knows I encouraged them to enter the sciences, or anything else, But they love it, they’re wonderful and both my daughters who are being actresses now are very talented and very different from each other. ”

Meryl, we’ll take your advice any day. Adopt us, please? And while you’re at it, can you teach us how to make our skin glow like yours?

[Photo: GettyImages]

No comments:

Post a Comment